Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Headphone question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by unharmed, Jun 11, 2003.

1. unharmed

unharmed Iron Fishes

May 19, 2003
    London, England
    Hey guys,

I just read this thread: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=87509 and it prompted me to ask a question I have had for awhile. I live in a fairly small flat and need to get some headphones for quiet practice. Does anyone have a recommendation for some good 'phones for this purpose? I would also be using them for monitoring in my home studio setup (MBox/ProTools) if anybody thinks this makes a difference. Preferably not too pricey, naturally :D

TIA,

Ben

2. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    The two I've found are the best for bass and recording are the Grado SR80's and the Sony MDR7506... but I highly reccommend the Grado's, 3 other professional bass players in Seattle I know swear by them...

3. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Great thread. I bought a pair of Audio-Technica ATH-M40f at the recommendation of a sales guy at Chuck Levin's in Maryland. Cool headphones but my bass never sounded right.

Todd, I'll see if I can run down the Grado's. The price doesn't look too bad on those. Maybe if I can get decent sounding headphones I'll like my Pandora better.