1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Headphone use for silent practice

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by briandavismurph, Nov 17, 2017.

1. briandavismurph

briandavismurph

Jul 1, 2013
    Chicago
    My Ashdown MiBass 2.0 has a 1/4 inch female headphone jack [called phones in Brit speak]
    My headphones are 1/8 in stereo jack and a 1/4 in stereo adaptor is included. When you plug in the headphones using the adaptor it's supposed to cut the speaker and push the program through the headphones. The 1/4 in stereo did nothing. The 1/4 mono adaptor I figured would solve the problem allowed faint [very small volume] program to come through headphones and the speakers would not be cut out. Any thoughts to solve this seemingly simple function gone bad? I always thought plugging headphones into an amp for practice was second nature. Apparently not so. do I need a set of mono headphones?

2. lz4005

lz4005

Oct 22, 2013
    The amp's manual says to use a standard stereo headphone plug. Mono won't solve the problem.

First thing I would look for is bent parts inside the jack assembly that aren't making proper contact with the plug.

3. SoonerBill

SoonerBill

Aug 27, 2017
    I looked up the manual. It says the phones output is stereo. A 1/4 to 1/8 stereo adapter plugged into the amp with your phones plugged into the adapter should work perfectly. If not there’s something else wrong.

4. briandavismurph

briandavismurph

Jul 1, 2013
    Chicago
    thanks SB will investigate the jack in the amp

5. briandavismurph

briandavismurph

Jul 1, 2013
    Chicago
    thanks will look into it

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 13, 2021