1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Headphone without a Headphone jack!

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by ninicorj, May 3, 2010.

1. ninicorj

ninicorj

Oct 29, 2009
    Hi,

My amp (hartke hydrive 115c) doesn't have a headphone jack and I don't know exactly what to do to get some sound from it...

There are two outputs in the back of the amp:

1 - Direct Output (XLR connector)
    2 - Preamp Out / Send (1/4-inch jack)

First I was thinking in getting a XLR to 1/4 cable to connect my headphone, but then I though that I would hear anything, because I think that the signal is not amplified (I'm really stupid in this! I'm saying those things without any knowledge). Moreover, I was also worried that it could blow my cans...

I wasn't even thinking about the Preamp Out... Is there any problem if I connect my headphone directly there??? Am I gonna loose the volume control or something???

Any help!?

!!!!!!

2. The preamp out will also not drive a pair of headphones. You can consider a headphone amp or most multi effects pedals can drive a pair of head phones.

3. ninicorj

ninicorj

Oct 29, 2009
    Yeah...

I knew that it would finish like this... I was only hopping...

Thank you!!