Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

headphone

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by whitehouse, May 21, 2002.

1. wich headphone is good for using while playing (and recording) over a studio-mixer ?

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    An AKG 141 should suffice, save your money for some good monitors, preferably active ones.
    Do some testing on your own, good brands are Sennheiser, AKG, Audio-Technica. Some Sonys are good too.

It's pretty hard mixing on headhones only, since they ALL have an altered sound.

3. well, the monitors are the problem of my brother-in-law :D ... I just need a good headphone that will sound good... but trying is not realy an option.. :(

4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I meant try <b>before</b> you buy, of course, there's no way around it. Everybody hears differently, so you have to find what you like best.
    The 141 is a decent cheap headphone, and widely used, similar to the Yamaha NS-1 speakers.

5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    IMO, AKG K240s $80 are incredible. I have little experience with anything else.

6. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    The AKG K240m is the defacto standard for studio headphones.