1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Headphones for a Line 6 Bass POD XT Live

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BigLoopDuke, Jan 4, 2007.

1. BigLoopDuke

BigLoopDuke Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    DSM, IA
    Ok, so here is my situation. I'm videotaping myself playing funk riffs for a short video. I want to run a line out from the model output on the BODXTL to the camera, but I also need to be able to monitor what I'm doing.

My first thought was headphones, as that's what I practice with anyway and it'll give me the model output signal. But, I'm on camera, and I'd rather not have some clunky headphones.

So, I'm thinking of ear buds, sort of like what comes with my iPod. I go into GC and one of the guys tries to set me up with a whole in ear monitoring system, which I'm not sure I necessarily need.

Here's the question...can regular in-ear headphones (ear buds) work as well as my larger headphones? He was saying that I'd need to drive the in-ear monitors, but I don't typically have anything other than the BPODXTL driving my headphones.

Any suggestions?

2. RyanS.

RyanS.

Dec 9, 2005
    Lynchburg, VA
    The ear buds will work fine, but you'll probably need an extension cable and a 1/8 to 1/4 adapter.

3. Hell no, but they'll work.

There are better types than the run of the mill iPod variety. Sony are making some great earbuds these days, but they run about AUD$100.

In ear monitor systems are a complex and somewhat dangerous area. If they're not properly operated they can screw your hearing in a flash. As much as they would be the ideal solution, getting the right rig together is gonna be expensive and time consuming. The guy at the store can just see dollar signs and isn't listening to your circumstances. Fairly typical.

4. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    I just got my set of Westone UM2's in, and they blow away any set of headphones, studio or otherwise, I've ever tried.

I'd suggest getting a pair of those, or the UM1's which are around $100. The things you hear when you're using those as opposed to just some big speaker covering your whole ear is night and day.