1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Headphones for Ashdown MAG210-300???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by vinestreet, Sep 11, 2008.

1. vinestreet

vinestreet

Aug 17, 2008
    Singapore
    Hi guys, I'm thinking of getting the MAG 210-300 but I practice really late at night - hence the need for headphones.

The combo doesn't have a headphone jack....is there a way around this? Adaptors etc?

If not I'm gonna have to go with my number 2 option - Line 6 LD175.

TIA.

2. ggunn

ggunn

Aug 30, 2006
    Austin, TX
    You can use a power soak/attenuator to bring the output down to headphone level. You can get a mono to stereo 1/4" adaptor from Radio Shack to make it work for both ears.

I have that amp, myself. You know, it has a tuner output that *may* be hot enough to drive 'phones.

3. vinestreet

vinestreet

Aug 17, 2008
    Singapore
    thank you for the answer.

darn, that would mean another 100+ bucks to get a power soak/attenuator.....

the combo doesn't sound so attractive now since 8/10 times i use it in an apartment in the wee hours of the morning.

4. Kyon`

Kyon`

Aug 17, 2007
    Boston, MA
    Hm well do you gig often enough with the combo? It's a great set up but if you don't really need it then just get a headphone amp box or something like that cafe walters I believe they're called, HA-1? Apparently it's a very raw sort of headphone amp that doesn't mask your anything so you can hear mistakes, bad technique etc... Never had one personally but just seemed like a cool product. The other thing you can do is just turn the amp down really low and take a bit of the bass out. Basically make it play a tv speaker and no rumble, kind of boring but no one will ever know.

5. vinestreet

vinestreet

Aug 17, 2008
    Singapore
    yeah, coincidentally I was just looking at cafe walters and an earwig 2 nights ago. Does sound interesting and would suit my needs. However, I do need my 'fix' every week or so - big booming air moving bass sounds. :) . I'm gonna sleep on this for a week or so, then decide if I should even buy a 300w combo (not exactly cheap here...) or just get a cafe walters or earwig.