1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Headphones for MPBT1 or Home Recording

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by newchibass, Jul 22, 2008.

1. newchibass

newchibass

May 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Anybody have any advice on good all around headphones for use with a Tascam Bass Trainer and general home recording? I'm trying to spend between 50 and 100 bucks. Thanks!

2. Nick Kay

Nick Kay

Jul 26, 2007
    Toronto, Ontario
    I've been using a pair of Sony MDR-7506 cans for a long time. They're great headphones, but Sony sells the exact same thing under the MDR-V6 name for about $30 cheaper. Problem with the V6, though, is you have to deal with Sony Consumer's terrible customer support. The 7506 is handled by Sony's Pro Audio division, which has great customer support.

ANYWAY, sound-wise, they're fairly even throughout the spectrum, save for a slight bump in the low-mids, and very clear. I have no complaints about them.

3. vinny

vinny

Apr 3, 2006
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Senheiser 280HD Pro. Around $80 & good bass reproduction IME.

4. I use a set of Sony MDR-V150 headphones.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021