Headphones for on stage monitoring

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ppanousos, Aug 21, 2005.

1. ppanousos

Apr 10, 2005
    I am looking for an alternative to E5 Shure inear monitors.I think i wanna go for a sealed type headphones but i want them to be really leightweight and to too big.Any suggestions? :bassist:
  2. ppanousos

Apr 10, 2005
    I meant not too big
  3. TL5

Jun 27, 2005
    My favorites are Ultrasone HFI-550's.
    I also use regularly the trusty SOny MDR-7506.

otoh, I've never used them, but I've heard good things about a headphone monikered as Extreme Isolation Extreme Iso, or something to that sort.

Maybe a trip to a good equipment store is in order as HP's can be somewhat a personal preference thing.
  4. DannyB

Aug 17, 2004
    In certain situations, I will use the Nady QH560 headphones. They are open back, which I like because you can still hear everything (crowd, bandmates in between songs, etc...) while having a good thick mix in your ears.
    They're dirt cheap and sound pretty nice.. Just my recommendation.. When I bought them they were 2 for $50. Hard to beat that.
  5. wideload

Apr 15, 2004
    So now I'm curious- I use the E5s mixed in stereo and have a small combo amp(Peavey BAM210) that is set rather quiet just for a little rumble on stage (I was surprised how little volume it took to get the feel I wanted). Of course, I'm in the FOH mix, too. Are you finding the E5s lacking, or just uncomfortable? Again, just curious...
  6. ppanousos

Apr 10, 2005
    I dont think they lack something in sound but they just dont work for me.Also i find them a bit uncomfortable especially when i wear them for to long(4-5 hours non-stop).