Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Headphones for on stage monitoring

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ppanousos, Aug 21, 2005.

1. ppanousos

ppanousos

Apr 10, 2005
    Greece
    I am looking for an alternative to E5 Shure inear monitors.I think i wanna go for a sealed type headphones but i want them to be really leightweight and to too big.Any suggestions? :bassist:

2. ppanousos

ppanousos

Apr 10, 2005
    Greece
    I meant not too big

3. TL5

TL5

Jun 27, 2005
    Nashville
    My favorites are Ultrasone HFI-550's.
    I also use regularly the trusty SOny MDR-7506.

otoh, I've never used them, but I've heard good things about a headphone monikered as Extreme Isolation Extreme Iso, or something to that sort.

Maybe a trip to a good equipment store is in order as HP's can be somewhat a personal preference thing.

4. DannyB

DannyB

Aug 17, 2004
    In certain situations, I will use the Nady QH560 headphones. They are open back, which I like because you can still hear everything (crowd, bandmates in between songs, etc...) while having a good thick mix in your ears.
    They're dirt cheap and sound pretty nice.. Just my recommendation.. When I bought them they were 2 for $50. Hard to beat that.

5. wideload

wideload

Apr 15, 2004
    So now I'm curious- I use the E5s mixed in stereo and have a small combo amp(Peavey BAM210) that is set rather quiet just for a little rumble on stage (I was surprised how little volume it took to get the feel I wanted). Of course, I'm in the FOH mix, too. Are you finding the E5s lacking, or just uncomfortable? Again, just curious...
    Larry

6. ppanousos

ppanousos

Apr 10, 2005
    Greece
    I dont think they lack something in sound but they just dont work for me.Also i find them a bit uncomfortable especially when i wear them for to long(4-5 hours non-stop).