1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Headphones

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by wpc1996, Aug 16, 2017.

1. If this isnt the right thread for this question let me know.

Ok so in about a year, if everything goes as planned im transfering to a new college and im either living in a dorm or a off campus condo. With that being said I wont be able to play my hartke rig. So I plan on either getting the Ampeg or Gallien Kruegar DI boxes for silent practice since they have headphone outs.

Im just wondering what headphones people are using for that. I have some that are ok but, im looking for quality headphones that have a pretty even response, which the ones i have now are not. (I think one is a seinheiser the other a audio technica but theyre cheapo ones that ive had for yeara and years) dont have a budget yet, just seeing whats out there to get an idea.

Thanks in advance!

2. filmtex

filmtex Commercial User

May 29, 2011
    S. Texas Hill Country
    Annsman Pro Audio Dealer
  3. Badwater

Badwater

Jan 12, 2017
    I like the Sennheiser HD280 Pro for recording, mixing, and playback on my FiO x5II. Because it's isolation headphones it's almost impossible to hear what's going on around you. Thus, I also use the AKG K240 Studio for recording, as it's open back and you can hear wasss happinin around you. But it doesn't have the power to push low levels of digital audio like the HD280. For durability the Sure E2 in ear monitors have lasted me over a decade, and they work great with my DAP Fio x5II. All these have a wide dynamic range and a flat balanced response good for studio work, and not the best enhanced sound like non-studio ear drivers.

These are not audiophile quality, but they IMO are a great value for great sound.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 11, 2021