1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Headphones

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by THIAGO Ibanez, Nov 4, 2010.

1. THIAGO Ibanez

THIAGO Ibanez

Dec 21, 2009
    HI guys. What is the best headphones I can get with $200 bucks. Im going to use with my Vox amplug.

Thanks

2. bubinga5

bubinga5

Jun 6, 2006
    cheltenham(UK)
    Bro IMHO you dont have to spend that much...i bought some Sennheiser HD 205's 4 years ago..they have never let me down...ive played 17 high end basses through them,, and over those 4 years and they have been great..never let me down with a great sound... they cost me £25..$40..

if you want to though AKG's or Grado's are very very good cans..

3. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    Id sat either the Beyer Dynamic DT770 pro or Sennheiser HD380 pro. The AKG K171 MKII could also be an excellent choice imo.

4. SpectorDetector

SpectorDetector Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    The new Shure headphones are VERY good for the $$ I have SRH440's and they sound better than some $300 cans i have heard. By the way these are not in ear models.

5. Raccio14

Raccio14

Mar 3, 2010
    Audio-Technica ATH-M50
    Best hands down.

6. bubinga5

bubinga5

Jun 6, 2006
    cheltenham(UK)
    Take your bass to a store there in the US and try em out...

7. Grados, nothing is better in any price range.

lowsound

8. crack-boom

crack-boom

Jun 14, 2008
    New Zealand
    THIS + 10000000

9. Sennheiser or Grados have had both. Both are great. Grados are probably better though had a free pair when my brothers team was sponsored by them :d

10. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Big fan of Sony MDR-V6 and MDR-V600 here. I've used that series of headphones for 20 years...usually the MDR-V6 and MDR-7506 for field audio/video work, but the slightly larger 600's at home. The V6 and 7506 models are more bass accurate; the 600's tend to emphasize bass a bit. That's OK for home listening, for but mixing and producing audio I like the V6 and 7506 better.

11. THIAGO Ibanez

THIAGO Ibanez

Dec 21, 2009
    :bassist:
    You are right buddy!!! I bought the Audio-Technica ATH-M20 for $45 .. and couldn't be happier nice sound.

Thanks for the help everybody!!

12. Rush-2112

Rush-2112

Dec 14, 2008
    New York City
    Another Grado fan here...they really are second to none. Also, I got a pair of Sennheiser IE6 earbuds a few months ago, and they've been amazing. Definitely recommend both.

13. JonathanMc

JonathanMc

Jun 29, 2010
    Omaha, NE
    I have some grado SR60's - the drivers were blown out using them with my bass. Perhaps the low B is too much for them.

14. The Last Rebel

The Last Rebel

Apr 19, 2009
    I'll say Grado as well, easily the best headphones I've ever owned.

15. Lovin' my Grado, had it maybe 3 years now.