1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Heads, heads, everywhere...

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Primakurtz, Oct 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Primakurtz

Primakurtz Registered Nihilist Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    Done & closed.
    I've seldom met an amp I didn't want to spend some quality time with. You know, really get to know them. Then, it is time to let them go. Serial monogamy. My wife is fine with it, so long as she remains my #1. :cool:

Prices include PayPal; shipping will be actual FedEx Ground cost in the CONUS. I don't need anything in trade, but might be tempted by cool 4-string basses.

If you are seriously interested in one of these, I will haul it into the daylight and take better photos. These are for sale locally, so don't freak out if you miss out.

1. Trace Elliott V4 - an awesome 200 watt tube amp (4 KT-88s). This is an early version, with cool tolex and no external bias adjustment. It looks much better in real life than in this lousy flash photo. I will try to get some better pics this week. Sounds fantastic. SOLD $1250

2. Ampeg SVT II Pro Premiere - number 36 of 250. I should keep 'er, but I just don't take her out enough to rationalize it. I prefer these Premiers to the II non-pros, since the gain & master volumes allow you to get THAT SOUND at more reasonable volume levels. She sports Winged C 6550's, and sounds terrific. Other than the scrapes on the protection handles, she looks really good, too. DECIDED TO KEEP IT AWHILE LONGER...

3. Mesa Buster - 200 watts of tube love. In very good condition - a few scuffs & cuts, but nothing major. A separation in one of the top wood joints was reglued awhile ago, and is barely noticeable. She is sporting a brand-new sextet of Shuguang black plate 6L6's, courtesy of Lord Valve himself. They bias perfectly, and make this amp warmer, with a nice distortion as you crank up the gain - much better than the stock Mesa tubes. My only issue with it is the same problem I have with most Mesa tube amps (e.g., the 400+) - it is inherently bright. As a pick player, this doesn't flatter my tone. For fingerstyle, this translates into clarity, and works fine. SOLD $600

4. Fender Bassman 300 Pro - what an awesome amp! 300 watts from a new sextet of Sovtek 6550we's. A little lighter weight than the Ampeg, albeit larger overall. The blendable clean & dirty channels is a great feature, as is the dual-band compressor. Other than the missing Fender logo, a few minor tolex tears, and some rust on the front grill, she is in very nice cosmetic condition, and sounds wonderful. Versatile and huge tones. 75 Pounds - about $80 to ship Eastward. SOLD TO A LOCAL $650

5. Mesa M3 - was a GC a floor model, looks new, without tags. I love the M3s - excellent gigging amps. Simple, reliable, as loud as you probably ever need to be. SOLD $450

2. map34157

map34157 Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Burbank, CA
    WOW!

3. hennessybass

hennessybass Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Ya... WOW!

Man, I want that Buster. Wish I hadn't sold mine.

4. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2009
    $650 for a Fender 300????!!!!!! holy heyzeus!!! best deal on a tube amp on the planet!

5. metron

metron

Sep 12, 2003
    Denver
    Geez dude! Where's the 4:88? :D

6. Primakurtz

Nov 23, 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    The Prodigy, the 200 watt Meatsmoke, and the Mesa M6 shall remain. :ninja:

7. moreblues

moreblues Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2013
    hudson valley,n.y.
    you have a pm

8. dream_theater

dream_theater

May 8, 2012
    Santa Barbara
    Instrumental Music
    Wish I didn't just buy a Taylor!

9. swing

swing

Apr 25, 2000
    London
    Pm'd

10. monsterthompson

monsterthompson The Eighth Note Wonder Of The World Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Hollywood
    How much to ship the buster to 90038?

11. Dale Johnson

Dale Johnson Supporting Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Moran Kansas
    e mail sent

12. Primakurtz

Nov 23, 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    ttt

13. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    PM sent on the II Pro

14. Primakurtz

Nov 23, 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    ttt

15. AdamR

AdamR

Sep 24, 2007
    Bethel CT
    Interested in trading the SVT for a Spector CRFM (Euro) ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.