Heads up. Ebay Rickenbacker scam.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Max, Sep 13, 2002.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I don't get it? Why is it a scam?
  2. He's saying there are two of the same basses listed...at the same time. Therefore, one is fake. I'm guessing the guy with 0 feedback, and a higher price, with no bids, is the fake.

Same thing happened a week or two ago with a Peavey TL I was watching...shameful.

Edit: Curse you, typos.
  3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Ahh, I kinda figured, but just wanted to be sure. I don't have any money to buy any Rickenbacker's at the moment anyway, but thanks for the heads up.
  4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

The guy was nice enough to post his work number in the auction. I wonder if his employer knows that he is running an Ebay scam and using the company's telephone number? I called the number and somebody named Virgil answered.

I wonder if there is a cross reference for business phone numbers, so we can find out who the number belongs to, and get this guy in some trouble(fired, maybe?).
  5. Me likey.

Ebay scams...how low can you go? It's just idiotic.

6. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    I emailed michaelsmusic, the apparent legitimate seller and told them. I looked at their sale history and it looks like they tried to sell it one time before and a previous auction ended Sept. 8, shortly thereafter, 1265golf posted it for sale and then michaelsmusic relisted. Someone should bid it. Get the guy's address then call the cops.