Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Heads Up on Good Freebie

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by rickbass, Jun 7, 2001.

1. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Received the "Vo. 1 No. 1" premiere issue of a new mag, "Rumble", in the mail yesterday as a freebie. No price is shown on the cover.

I guess I received it because I've been a member of the the Music Player Network, (which is free) and have participated in their forums. So, apparently, all you have to do is be a member and make it clear in your profile preferences that playing bass or guitar is your main interest.

The first issue is mainly gear ads, (like "another" magazine I suscribe to is getting to be), artist profiles/what gear they use, and stage wear. Some of the bands in the articles are My Ruin, Fear Factory, Mudvayne, The Living End.

The editor says the mag "will how you how your fave players turned their passsions into the music you love and we'll help you solve the mysteries of performance and technique."

Their website, www.rumblemag.com is just a page at the moment, saying it's coming.

2. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    This is Guitar Player's attempt to appeal to the Slipknot demographic. It's in your face and it's got attitude. It's the Poochie to GP's Itchy and Scratchy. Which reminds me:

Catch you on the flipside, dudemeisters. And always remember to recycle...TO THE EXTREME!

3. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Christopher - A lot of it is like a veiled Musician's Friend catalog, IMO. Which is what a lot of BP is...and I have to pay for that. But that's okay, I'm a gearhead.

I agree with you totally on the "in your face/attitude/"

Plus, the bands "Rumble" covers, (well, it's only issue), make it like the "anti-Rolling Stone" or some patheticly rusted, U2-suckup, mag like that.