Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Heads up Pete and Mark!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by odie, Mar 8, 2005.

1. odie

odie Supporting Member

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Mark's in Burma or Provo or something...

brad cook

3. ... and Pete lives in Sidenee.

The one living closest to the cyclone is Leigh, and he's in BrisVegas... IIRC it's only going to hit the very tip of QLD, but I'm not sure how big it is or how far it'll spread.

We'll be fine.

4. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Thanks for your concern Odie but I'm no-where near cyclone Ingrid! Sydney is about about 3000km (1875 Miles) away from the danger zone. Even Leigh is a close to 2000km away.

They say it's a category 5, they don't get bigger than that! The darn thing it over the ocean moving at a mere 8km/h (5mph). It's goig to hit land eventually. The question is when, where, and how strong will it be by then.

I hope they're OK up there. Such a beautiful part of the world too.........

You've gotta love Sydney. Too far south to worry about cyclones, too far north to be cold, no volcano's, and nowhere near any tectonic plate fault lines.

5. Yah. It's as close to me as you are, Steph (only a very slight exaggeration). Meh.

Leigh

6. Where's the fun in that?!? :p

Leigh

7. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Fun? You're not qualified to talk about fun. I've been to Brisbane. Thankgawd the Ecca was on coz I thought I could feel rigour mortise coming on.

Only kiddin. BrisVEGAS is ..... well it's OK I guess.

8. Duh! Hence why I want outta this place asap. The Ekka is hardly fun, either. Sexpo is as interesting as this place gets...

Leigh

9. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Damn it I was trying to stir you up and you ruin it by agreeing with me! See, you're no fun :)

Move to Sydney, I can show ya the ropes!

10. If you were Mark, I would have argued for the sake of it! But meh, I just can't in this case. As soon as I get some dosh, I'm outta here. I'll give you a heads up if I head down to Mexico.

Leigh