Headstock allen wrench holder

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Beav, May 2, 2004.

1. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    Can anyone tell me where I can buy an allen wrench holder like this?

2. can someone tell me what is its?:p
  3. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    topic says it all ;)
  4. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS

Why is an allen wrench so necessary, that it must be with the bass always?
  5. rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    My thoughts exactly... and if it's so important, why don't you hang it off a keychain or keep it in your gigbag instead of screwing it onto the back of the headstock (ouch!)?
  6. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    Last minute setup and always having it around when you need it. It holds the bridge adjustments and the neck wrench.
  7. I think they attach with double-sided tape. I think...
  8. jello

Apr 13, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Or you could use a bit of those sheet magnets that have sticky stuff on one side. I use that to keep a set of my smaller kitchen knives on the inside of a cabinet door. That's assuming your allens are a magentically active metal, of course.
  9. rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    It's screwed down in the pic. You can see the screws clearly :D IMHO, I still think it's a bad idea screwed down or not - if it's really that important, you wouldn't need a special holder for it on your bass. Plus, if you have regular gigs, it's good practice to have a well equipped gigbag/case (think toolkit, strings, cables, batteries...).

Just my .02 :D
  10. That looks kinda like something a guitarist might have, if they had a locking nut that was loosened with an allen key.
  11. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Only time I've ever seen one on a bass... All over Floyd loaded guitars though. Might want to check jemsite.com or something.