Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Healing blisters

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Ethon, Jul 5, 2005.

1. Ethon

Ethon

Jan 25, 2003
    Akron, Ohio
    I was golfing all this weekend (played 4 rounds, shot -1, E, -2, and +1) and now I have two huge blisters that popped on my right hand (my glove-less hand). Do you guys have any tips on how to help these heal? I keep pouring proxide on them so they dont get infected, and then putting bandages over them. Any ideas?

2. 76Tbird

76Tbird

Mar 18, 2003
    Dont cover them, it will just keep them wet, and stifle healing. I usually rip off the outer blister and then run rubbing alcohol over it to dry it out. It hurts. A lot. Then just work on toughening up the new skin.

3. 4 rounds in a weekend? You lucky b@st@rd! Pretty impressive scores too!

My buddies think it's stupid, but I've begun wearing gloves on both hands - that helps and I haven't had a golf blister yet.

What's the deal with only wearing one glove BTW? I think it's because you really should be able to swing a club with just your top hand. Your bottom hand isn't supposed to help too much from what I've seen. Then again I'm about a 22 handicap so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about!

4. Ethon

Ethon

Jan 25, 2003
    Akron, Ohio
    Well...I think thats pretty spot on, but I put a TON of force on both my hands/arms/entire body during my drives. There was a par 4 333yd hole that I drove the green in 2 of my rounds.

I play a TaylorMade r540 driver with a stiff flex shaft, and Titleist ProV1x.

I think I am going to have to start wearing gloves on both hands :meh:

5. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I'm going to play golf today. I'll probably shoot at +18. That's my goal!!!

6. I always heard the opposite, keep the outer blister intact if at all possible. Can't make a better bandage than the skin itself. Should probably look it up on the internet, ask a nurse or something, no way to really tell which of us is actually right.

Tegaderm might be perfect, protects and seals the blister, broken or not, outer skin missing, whatever. I've used it for major road rash, essentially same as blister. Raw internal flesh/skin with outer skin missing. You're just missing the ground in gravel. It acts as a new layer of skin. Bonus: raw skin thinks everything is ok, usually stops hurting almost immediately. Wash soap and water only, no antibiotic creams or anything like that. Put it directly over the blister, lasts for nearly a week depending on wear and tear/movement.

Depends where on your hand the blister is, how much its bent/moved in normal use if that'll stick.

Randy

7. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

I got blisters(right hand, both plucking fingers) from jamming too much (and too strong) recently, and I had to get rid of them by friday since I'm playing at the jazzfest. I chose to leave them alone. One went away over night because it was really small. I just woke up today and the other one, which was quite huge, just went away overnight too.

8. i am soo bad with blisters i just pop them with a tack or any shap object and rip of the dead flesh leaving it raw until it heals over