Health insurance for your kids vs. an Aguilar DB750

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Peter McFerrin, Mar 25, 2002.

Kids' health vs. gear

Poll closed Apr 24, 2002.
  1. Health insurance for the kids

22 vote(s)
  2. Aguilar DB750 (or other piece of bass equipment)

11 vote(s)
  3. I don't have kids

21 vote(s)
  1. Pretty simple--which would you choose?
  2. If you have to ask this question, you want the Aguilar! :D

All guys want amps!

I didn't say this. :D

Mike J.
  3. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I don´t have kids, but I´d pick the Aguilar anyway:D
  4. Kids first! Whaddareya, nuts or sumptin? Of course, if you have more than one kid, maybe you can compromise. Sell one kid, insure the other, and buy the Aguilar.
  5. Ciaran

Apr 4, 2001
    If my Dad was a bassist I'd hope he would pick Health insurance.
    Which is what I voted for.
  6. bassandlax

Dec 31, 2001
    Raleigh, NC
    aguilars are sweet... but have a soul
  7. You would buy health insurance for my kids?
  8. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Health care of course, I can wait for an amp. I've had enough medical crap go wrong to appreciate the value of insurance.
  9. If you get the DB750, and i know you have a GS410, then we'll have the same rig. I just purchased that rig and am just waiting for it to arrive. AHHHH, no patience. :D
  10. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    You'd maximize your ROI by insuring the kids, then putting them to work in a coal mine or something. Then, you can buy bass gear with what they make. Simple!
  11. bizzaro

Aug 21, 2000
    Now if you needed the amp to enhance your sound thereby providing you with more opportunities for work as a bass player so you can then buy insurance for the children. This is in their best interest. Don't you see?:cool:
  12. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I don't think anyone else knows what this is about. I do. This is bait.
  13. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
  14. Of course it is. It was prompted by reading one of the most absurd and disgusting emails I've ever seen, after the person in question bragged about having just purchased the "world's first" example of a highly sought-after boutique amplifier.

The person in question has continually referred to his "sick kids" not having health insurance as a justification for not forking over a sum of money equivalent to the cost of a 5-string set of Fodera Diamonds or two tanks of gas for a midsize sedan, yet has laid down $5000+ for decidedly boutique gear in the past three months. I'm sorry, but that's not acceptable. I realize that the individual in question makes his living playing out and, like most of us, wants the best tone he can get. Nevertheless, the Quest For Tone should always take a back seat to family concerns, period, end of subject.

If I'm violating the usage agreement, I'm sorry, but the person in question is violating some ethical canons that bear far greater importance than the $20/year I pay for my Supporting Member status here at TB.
  15. RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Depends....What kind of amp do you have now?
  16. I'm glad to say that that person wasn't me, since i'm not old enough to have kids. Okay well, there are people my age who have them, but, no offense to those people, but bad decisions apparently.
  17. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I'm sure there's a logical explanation, probably having something to do with fairies:rolleyes:
  18. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Peter ~

Actually, I'm with you on this one. But everyone here knows that I would never bait someone.
  19. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    at least most of the people here understand... :rolleyes: