Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Health question (preventative maintenance)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Matthew Bryson, Jul 1, 2004.

1. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    At what age should a reasonably healthy man begin getting check ups / physicals and how often? Or is it okay to just never go until there is a problem.

2. i never go except if i need a physical for athlectics. if theres not a problem, i dont see why you would have to.

3. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Uh... the question was intended for old men - I checked your profile and I don't think you are either one of those things.

4. well sah-ree... you never really made ur question clear for who it was for. i was just trying to help

5. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    Im only 15 and I go for a physical annually.

I think I heard it was age 40 that people should start seeing their doc on a regular basis. The main reason being getting checked for colon cancer etc.

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    My wife is a physician. She says you should be getting a checkup every year no matter what your age.

brad cook

7. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    My family medical history reads like a medical encyclopedia, so I decided to get a check-up every year. But without knowing specifically what they were testing for, I've encountered reluctance from medical profession.

At 31 I've started getting annual checkups again.

8. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Hmm...maybe it's an Australian thing...I don't think you'd find that problem in the US. I think every doctor has just a standard checkup routine for anyone that wants one.

brad cook

9. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Yep, U.S. docs try and get you at least once a year. The dentist will call if you forget too.