1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

hear my band tell me what you think!

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by thehangingmist, Apr 26, 2009.

1. any comments are welcome!
    i know i should have had a little more low end on my tone but i think the camera mic didn't really catch all of it but i did have a mid heavy tone at that gig because i couldn't hear myself otherwise. so anyway what do you think?

link:

2. Low Tone

Low Tone

Feb 7, 2004
    St. Joseph, MO
    Hard to tell because video camera sound sucks. Once you get past that, the band its self didn't sound bad. The bass sounded like it was farting a bit but again, that could be crappy video sound. Your best bet would be to record the sound in a recording program (ie: CEP, Audacity, Reaper) and tweak it in there with the mix settings. Then silence the video and overlay the new recording.

3. thanks low tone :)

4. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    Cool stuff, man. I like it! The sound quality isn't the greatest but I'd totally be into what you guys are playing.

5. You and the drummer need to lock in a bit better, but part of that might just be that the drummer isn't very good. I actually like that bass tone. The singer is good too.

And never wear shorts on stage. Its sloppy. But that's just my opinion.

6. thanks for the comments!
    GU, during the jam part in the middle it was all totally improvised as we never really plan that part exactly.