Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hear my Bluegrass band- Almost Famous

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Perfect-Tommy, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Perfect-Tommy

Perfect-Tommy

Mar 28, 2004
    Ohio
    Well, I've been here awhile and I finally decided to share some music of mine.

http://www.myspace.com/ptmusic

The two songs there are from the bluegrass band Almost Famous. The Guitarist and Banjo picker (the only other fulltime members) are 17 and 14 respectively. We had the guitar player's brother join us on mandolin this night. It's a soundboard recording and my amp isn't running through the soundboard, so it's not the best quality bass sound. Hope you all enjoy it.

Line up for Ritchieville, PA 5-25-2005
    Ryan Abercrombie - Guitar, Lead vocals
    Steven Moore - Banjo
    Ken Abercrombie - Mandolin
    Me - Bass, harmony vocals

2. Perfect-Tommy

Perfect-Tommy

Mar 28, 2004
    Ohio
    uhm... thanks for the feedback?

3. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    The plugin didn't work for me at your myspace page

4. gilbert46

gilbert46

Sep 21, 2004
    Sacramento, CA
    I dig it !!!

5. Perfect-Tommy

Perfect-Tommy

Mar 28, 2004
    Ohio
    shafted...

thanks dude. We like to think of ourselves as the AC/DC of bluegrass. We play fast, hard and like to try new things. I'm lucky, I really fell ass first into some talent. If you had asked me five years ago if I would be playing bass in a bluegrass band, I would laugh in your face. I'm glad I grew up and matured enough to see any chance to play music as a chance to grow and improve myself.

I recomend everyone try to play some legit bluegrass sometime in their life. It's a lot harder for some folks then you would think. Keeping the beat used to be my weakest point, now I keep drummers in time :D

6. Perfect-Tommy

Perfect-Tommy

Mar 28, 2004
    Ohio
  7. Perfect-Tommy

Perfect-Tommy

Mar 28, 2004
    Ohio
    Added even more songs at Soundclick.