Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hear my first home recording!!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by count_funkula, May 23, 2001.

1. Go to http://www.angelfire.com/home/countfunkula

This a simple recording I made using an Aardvark 24/96 audio card and Cakewalk Pro Audio 9.0. I was able to create this without reading any instructions for the software! It's that easy. I will start learning the "in and outs" of Calkwalk now and work on some more complete projects. This finally gives me a means to be a one man band and really create something.

Please excuse the sloppy playing. This was just a one time pass of me jamming with my drum machine.

Drum Machine: Roland R-5
    Bass: Ibanez BTB1005 (Sweet sound!!)

2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    the link in your page don´t work

3. Works when I try. What kind of error did you get?

4. odie

odie Supporting Member

worked for me

5. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    cool! good job.

6. Now, isn't this weird? I have just finished sending email to the folks at Thinkware (Aardvark distributors) to get pricing information on their LX6 & 24/96. I am pretty much fed up with Mickey-Mousing it (pc recording) on my OEM Yamaha soundcard. The bass frequency reproduction is awful, and I was told to check out Aardvark. But I was thinking to myself that I wouldn't want to invest in one of these without hearing how they sound. Then, I come here and find this thread. What are the chances? How long have you had your Aardvark for, and can you tell me anything about them - ie. ease-of-use, accurate sound reproduction, hissing, etc.? Anything you can tell me about it will be much appreciated.

Xavier

Later edited - I found your description in the Recording Equipment forum.

7. I have only had mine for about 2 weeks and haven't had a lot of time to work with it. I was originally looking for the LX6 but got the 24/96 instead. The only difference seems to be that the 24/96 has built in Mic preamps for the 4 input jacks and accepts both 1/4" and XLR inputs in the same jack. As far as I can tell this thing is dead quite during recording. The card is shielded for improved noise reduction. It also has several effects built into the hardware which is supposed to make recording with effects latency free. The effects include reverb, compression, and EQ. I have not played with them yet.

The user interface is VERY easy to use. It is also capable of saving any of your settings for future use.

I think one of the best things about it is the fact that it comes with Cakewalk Pro Audio 9.0. The whole package is around $500 but I think it is worth it.

If you listened to my recording, that was a Roland R-5 drum machine and an Ibanez BTB1005. Both were plugged straight into the input jacks on the breakout box and the preamp was enabled for the bass.

I was blown away by the sound quality.

Aardvark has a webpage at:
    http://www.aardvark-pro.com/

8. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    sorry i had a problem with download accelerator... i disabled it and listened to your mp3...

:)

9. anon5458975

anon5458975

Apr 5, 2001
    Sounds good Count, keep at it bro.

10. I tried to listen to it, but when I pressed play in RealPlyaer, this is the message I got:

MPEG by Bitcasting: File Format cannot find MPEG file header. This may not be an MPEG file.

Any one help?