Hear my Overwater fretless sound clips...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FretNoMore, Jun 7, 2003.

1. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Scary stuff this. Please be nice to me...

I want to try posting sound clips to get the process working for later, so here's two, of a short figure on my Overwater fretless.

Both clips were recorded using the passive mode on the J-Retro, first clip dry straight into the deck, second clip using a touch of EBS UniChorus followed by quite a bit of EBS Dynaverb.

Tell me how downloading works, if the clips sound OK on your computer, and *please* don't kill me over my beginner technique... :)

Dry recording (259 kB MP3 @ 128 kbps)
    With effects (280 kB MP3 @ 128 kbps)

EDIT: Moderators, if you feel this should be in Effects, or perhaps Misc, please move it will ya'.
  2. furiously funky

furiously funky Guest

Dec 28, 2002
    thoes were nice, no problems there! keep it up, i enjoyed them!They sounded fine on my computer.
  3. CDuff

Sep 14, 2002
    Yeah, I enjoyed those..... plenty o' soul.
    Although the second one was a bit too much for me, the first one was excellent.

Did I hear some new strings? tone seemed a bit tinny for my tastes but it works for you obviously.
    Could you tell me more about your bass?, or point me to a thread here if you've previously described it.

Well done though,
  4. FretNoMore

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north

The sound is sort of at one extreme, I chose to record stright into the deck using the passive mode and bridge pickup only, just for kicks. With the J-Retro in active mode this bass is very fat and warm.

Here's an old thread from when I had just received it: Overwater arrives
  5. xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    I like it. More please.
    Nice smooth mwah. Sounds just fine on this end.
  6. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    gotta love fretless clippers!!!

i've always been curious about Overwater basses.

soundin' good over heAr!

7. CDuff

Sep 14, 2002
    excellent. Lord knows I love an unblemished fingerboard. So I get the feelin' that this is one versatile bass?
    And you're right in that thread, it's a nice reaction to all the exoticism that abounds at TB.
  8. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA

Sounds nice, and looks lovely!
  9. The sound is not tinny at all - sounds really good to me! Great tone. I'll have to check out those basses. :bassist:
  10. FretNoMore

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Thanks for the kind words! *blushing*

And, love your 'ray S.S. - now, where have I seen that color scheme... :p
  11. Fliptrique

Jul 22, 2002
    Szczecin, Poland
    Endorsing Artist: Mayones Guitars&Basses, Taurus Amplification
    i don`t dig the second one, but the first one is sweet. great sounding bass :bassist:
  12. both clips were awesome. It was cool how you did that catchy riff that sounded nice clean then further enhanced it with some effects...I think the effects worked.. and it did sound fine on my comp.