Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hear the Legendary Bassman 135 in action!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by The 0x, Feb 18, 2004.

1. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Check out this clip of me playing on my cranked Fender Bassman 135. Bass is a Washburn XB-102Q. Enjoy. :hyper: :bassist:

2. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    OH MY GOD that is annoying.

3. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland
    Shouldn't this be in recordings?

Also, Ox, was it you that posted about your GK having a 12" speaker rather than a 15" one, did you ever get to the bottom of that problem? im trying to find the thread but i cant....

4. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Whoops, sorry! can a mod move it to recordings?

btw, it just turned out that the speaker was rear loaded, so you couldn't see the full speaker. :oops:

5. Whoowee.

Let me just be the first to say, a Bassman 135 doesn't HAVE to sound like that. :D It will also do fat thumpiness.

Chris

6. vlad335

vlad335 Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2003
    Latrobe, PA
    LOL I didnt expect that!

7. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
  8. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland
  9. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    I wasn't trying to keep time or anything, just trying to get the tone of the amp. I was too lazy to go dig out my metronome. :spit:

10. Subculture13

Subculture13 Jamming Econo

Apr 9, 2003
    Toronto, Ont. Canada
    +1

Ahh, to be 15 again and find endless enjoyment out of enormous amounts of feedback. Those were the days.

11. ihixulu

ihixulu Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2000
    getting warmer
    You don't need a metronome to be able to play in time. If you're going to post clips at least try to make them musical.

12. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    I was just recording that to give somebody an idea of what a bassman sounds like. I wasn't really even paying attention to what I was playing. I just played the first thing off the top of my head half-assed. :meh:

13. ihixulu

Mar 31, 2000
    getting warmer
    Well then, it's utterly craptastic. I've heard Bassman rigs before and use one regularly as part of my practice rig and it don't sound anywhere as annoying as that.

A for effort though.

14. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    The feedback was just a little joke. Besides, i'm playing it through a guitar speaker, so that's why it farts on the low notes. :oops:

15. ihixulu

Mar 31, 2000
    getting warmer
    So it's not really representative of what a typical bass player's Bassman 135 rig would sound like....

Why exactly do you feel the need to waste bandwidth?

16. Is it a 12" speaker?

17. Jesus Crow, man, it's called "for fun". Cut him some slack. Are you my dad or something?:D

Chris

18. Lets be nice here...Honest, but nice, please.

Just keep on playing, practicing and recording...Recording is very good for self-evaluation. It can be amazing how imperfect your best playing is after you hear it over and over again....All the mistakes you can find! WHEW!

19. ...rear loaded 12"....

20. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland

He is not the person to ask about speaker size.