1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Heard a BluBrick 410

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Peter Parker, May 4, 2003.

1. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    A friend of mine bought one of these after selling his Eden 410XLT and brought it by to let me hear it. After hearing it, I must say I'm not impressed. It sounded boomy and was hard to EQ out the lowend mud. It was also shy in the mids with what I would call an unnatural high end.
    Initially, my friend bought it because he thought it sounded better than his Eden though he had never A/B'd the two back too back. After doing the A/B he preferred the Eden.
    I also found the construction less than good. I liked the covering, it seemed to be really thick carpet that you would find on a car's floorboard. It seemed very durable but the execution of installation was poor. Also, the metal grill had wooden rails that were unevenly cut and didn't seem that would hold up under a lot of travel.
    Not a bad cab for the price but there are just too many better cabs out right now for the same money or just a little more.