Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Heard of Watson

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Groovin_Joe, May 12, 2002.

1. Hey,

I was just wondering if anyone else has heard of Watson Guitars and Basses?

I have one and have been playing it for about 10 months and i love it. it is the 4 srting with the 2 soapbar pickups. i can't remember the model name but it is the highest model of 4 strings that they have.

well i hope to hear from someone.

2. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    Is there a website? Where are they located?

3. I know that there is a website and i have been... they are a mainly canadian/United States based company. Depending on the model of guitar or bass the parts come from different palces.. Mine for instance is all canadian assembled and pieces.

Hope i can find someone else with one to see if they have the same comments as i.

:rolleyes:

"you can't hold no groove if you ain't got no pockets"

4. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    WOW, never heard of them.....and my last name is Watson. If anyone finds a site please post it.

5. I found it..

watson guitars

looks like one of those.. "quilted top" raven basses they sell on ebay or what not..

6. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Yuk. Looks like a cross between Raven, Yamaha RBX series and Hartke basses (I use and love Hartke amplification but I think their basses are incredibly ugly) :( .

How dare they soil my last name! :mad:

I think I'll sue. :D

No offence to GROOVIN_JOE. ;)

7. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    Looks to me like a mix of your average Asian basses (Schecter, Dean, etc.), maybe some Fender MB, and a stratocaster. Not my cup of tea, mostly because of being boring rather than ugly.

8. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Ditto. Remind me of Jackson a little too much.

9. No offence PhatBasstard. I like the quilted top. and the sound that comes out of the 2 passive pickups is quite smooth or sharp whatever i need at the time.

i was hoping that there would be someone that has played one. oh well.

10. MisterV619

MisterV619

May 15, 2006
  11. MisterV619

MisterV619

May 15, 2006
  12. Well, the Watson Guitars site that you're linking to says they started in 2004, and the thread that you're replying to is from 2002, so it's probably not the same one....hard to be sure 8 years after the fact, though.

Just FYI, the current Watson Guitars posts fairly regularly down in the Luthier's Forum area.

13. knuckle_head

knuckle_head Commercial User

Jul 30, 2002
    Seattle
    Owner; Knuckle Guitar Works & Circle K Strings
    ^^^ This

I know Alex Watson and he does stellar work.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. TapyTap

TapyTap

Apr 26, 2005
  15. knuckle_head

knuckle_head Commercial User

Jul 30, 2002
    Seattle
    Owner; Knuckle Guitar Works & Circle K Strings
    Indeed - on everything except his through body stuff methinks. Great guy and great builder.

I owe you a quote, don't I?

:oops:

16. TapyTap

TapyTap

Apr 26, 2005
    Whenever you are ready. :cool: