1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Heard the new Skjold cabs (Tom better skip this thread)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Smallequestrian, Apr 23, 2006.

1. Smallequestrian

Smallequestrian Rock and/or Roll

Jul 6, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Beta Tester: Source Audio
    While at the Dallas Guitar Show yesterday, I got a chance to hear the new Skjold cabs. He had with him the 2x10 and 1x15, but will also be doing a 2x12. Both cabs featured some sort of mid-range driver, a 6 inch I think. The 2x10 was nice, but the 1x15 was quite excellent. I heard a few different players play through them, including Pete himself. The 1x15 is nice and compact and Pete says the weight isn't too bad, but I didn't get the chance to pick it up.

He said they would all be available in 4 or 8 ohms and they are using Emminence drivers. I am anxious to get up to the workshop and run my Thunderfunk through the 1x15 with one of my Bongos. They are also pretty cool looking with a burgundy/wine baffle(?) around the speakers and a cool Skjold logo in his usual pearl/abalone way.

Oh, and the basses aren't bad either.

2. Matt Morgan

Matt Morgan Fellow Conspirator Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2001
    Plano, TX
    I did a short review of these cabs on the skjoldplayers.com web site. Pete's got another killer product on his hands. First his basses, then his pre-amp, now his cabs!
    They're really well built and sound great. They're going to be very competatively priced too. I'm looking forward to the Neo 2x12 that's in the works.