1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hearing protection article

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jubl, Nov 26, 2017.

1. jubl

jubl

May 26, 2015
    Read this today. Protecting our hearing has been discussed many times and ways but since hearing loss is usually a one way street figured it was worth another mention. I was thick headed about it for years; only preaching to not be like me. Music was first and over the past few years no table saw, sander, or other power tool gets plugged in without the ear muffs on.

Earplugs unavoidable for musicians in the orchestra and at home

Aberdumbie likes this.
  2. Aberdumbie

Aberdumbie

Jan 22, 2016
    South Carolina
    Ironic that a post about carrots gets three pages of replies in an hour and this one has seen none. At 58 and after twelve years on stage I too live with the ringing. Worst than that though... My wife that sat in front of me all those twelve years cannot hear a phone ring these days.... No it ain’t cool to talk about hearing protection when you are young, rocking and going to live forever. And the power pushing rock these days is far greater than it was back when I was young and didn’t care..... Know this... Once it’s gone you ain’t getting it back. There’s no fix for hearing loss that I ever heard of.

jubl likes this.
  3. jubl

jubl

May 26, 2015
    Guess we're playing to the wrong crowd. Carrots>Hearing

Bright side is my tinnitus is lower/softer than other people who've described it as a jet engine.

Aberdumbie likes this.