1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hearing protection recomendations

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Chinguschild, May 11, 2006.

1. Chinguschild

Chinguschild

Apr 17, 2006
    Chico, Cali
    Im starting to think I am losing a considerablew amount of hearing over the last year and better late than never decided to invest in some good hearing proctection beacuse my guitarist wont turn down their amps. What do you guys recomend or suggest looking for. does it even matter?

2. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    This depends how much you want to spend.

If you don't care what things sound like, industrial foam or rubber earplugs are really cheap and will protect you very well.

If you don't have a lot to spend, but want to maintain integrity, I'd recommend the ER-20 plugs from Etymotic Research. Google for online stores - some sell them cheaper than others.

If money is not as big a deal or you want the best sound integrity, you can get custom fit plugs. They take an impression of your entire ear, and fit a filter into a plug that fits you perfectly. Etymotic is one of the companies that makes the filters, but you will have to be fitted by an Audiologist for the plugs. Mine should be in next week, so I'll post how I like them.

3. Chinguschild

Chinguschild

Apr 17, 2006
    Chico, Cali
    Thanks I would deeply appreciate it since im about to go that same route probly