1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hearing the bass in a song

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Pettson, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Pettson

Pettson

Jun 3, 2009
    So, im going to do this cover of an afi song. I have the tabs and everything its just that i can't hear the bass in the song. Is there any way that i can emphasis(?) the bass in the song with like audacity or something?

The song is God Called in Today. You can hear the bass quite good in some parts and in some parts not so much, and i really really suck at this so i thought i'd ask here :p

Sry for my English xD

2. smogg

smogg

Mar 27, 2007
    NPR, Florida
    I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell
    Good Headphones

3. Pettson

Pettson

Jun 3, 2009
    Tried that already. Didn't help me much ;/

Ty for the tip :)

4. you can work around the eq, depending up on the mix and bass tone boosting it at some places and cutting down the others could help. but what really helps is to train your ear to hear subtle things by doing it a lot

5. the bass in that song begins at about 0:45 seconds in (aside from a sustained note from the end of the song before it right at the begining). i would have said that the bass is mixed pretty prominantly. sure, it's a bit scooped but there's a lot of pick attack.
    either way it basicaly follows the guitars aside from the odd fill here and there.. interestingly the most audable parts are the fills.

6. Try bestPractice and go into the karaoke panel and tweak the tones to help tone down the mids.

search for bestPractice on google. Free open source sw.

7. Casezilla

Casezilla

Apr 10, 2008
    Superior, WI
    Guitar pro, a program which legally costs money, does exactly that. You can mute or turn down guitar, drums, vocals, wahtever else, and turn bass up if you want. Or have the bass pan right speaker, guitar pan left, etc.

8. ysand

ysand

Mar 26, 2005
    Athens/Greece
    IF your tab file is correct