Hearos Hi-Fi Ear Plugs

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ccyork, Apr 13, 2004.

1. ccyork

Jan 26, 2004
    Just tried out my new pair of Hearos Hi-Fi Earplugs at our rehearsal last night. These things are quite good. I didn't really believe they could do what they said they could do, but I'm sold on them now.

They give a flatter attenuation than standard earplugs and they're easier to put in your ear. They don't sound like you're listening from inside a barrel. The music sounds like music, only quieter. I'll no longer be so reluctant to use earplugs.

They're $15.00 from Musician's Friend and worth every penny. They should last a good long time too, 'cause they're washable.

The only drawback is that our drummer kept laughing at me because he said it looked like I was wearing earrings! (But now he's going to get a pair, too... :p)
  2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I've been using Hearos for years - those skin-colored ones with 30 dB.
  3. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    I used to use Hearos earplugs, but have since switched to ER-20s from Etymotic Research. I paid $10 for my ER-20s, and IMO they sound a little better than the Hearos.
  4. ccyork

Jan 26, 2004
    Your comment intrigued me, So I went to the Etymotic Web Site. Lo and behold! The Hearos Hi-Fi are just another brand name for the ER-20. Interesting... :)
  5. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    i got the skin colored washable ones, they kick ass.
  6. natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Yeah, they're one in the same.