1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hearos Hi-Fi Ear Plugs

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ccyork, Apr 13, 2004.

1. ccyork

ccyork

Jan 26, 2004
    USA
    Just tried out my new pair of Hearos Hi-Fi Earplugs at our rehearsal last night. These things are quite good. I didn't really believe they could do what they said they could do, but I'm sold on them now.

They give a flatter attenuation than standard earplugs and they're easier to put in your ear. They don't sound like you're listening from inside a barrel. The music sounds like music, only quieter. I'll no longer be so reluctant to use earplugs.

They're $15.00 from Musician's Friend and worth every penny. They should last a good long time too, 'cause they're washable.

The only drawback is that our drummer kept laughing at me because he said it looked like I was wearing earrings! (But now he's going to get a pair, too... :p)

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I've been using Hearos for years - those skin-colored ones with 30 dB.

3. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    I used to use Hearos earplugs, but have since switched to ER-20s from Etymotic Research. I paid $10 for my ER-20s, and IMO they sound a little better than the Hearos.

4. ccyork

ccyork

Jan 26, 2004
    USA
    Your comment intrigued me, So I went to the Etymotic Web Site. Lo and behold! The Hearos Hi-Fi are just another brand name for the ER-20. Interesting... :)

5. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    i got the skin colored washable ones, they kick ass.

6. natrab

natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Yeah, they're one in the same.