1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Heart-Dreamboat Annie concert

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by blue4, Mar 21, 2013.

1. blue4

blue4

Feb 3, 2013
    St. Louis area
    I was watching this on VH1 Classic and after the album they played some Led Zeppelin. It struck me (not for the first time, either) that they do LZ better than LZ. I think a lot of it has to do with Anne Wilson singing. Some of it is the non-sloppiness of Nancy W and whoever the other guitarist is as well. Their bass player is doing alright as well. I wish they would do a LZ cover album. Maybe some Deep Purple as well. Anyone else see that on VH1 or seen it live? I've never seen Heart live, but Anne Wilson just seems spot on.

2. bigtexashonk

bigtexashonk Supporting Member

Heart's upcoming tour will include Jason Bonham's Zeppelin Tribute band. Should produce some pretty cool jams for encores!

3. Unprofessional

Unprofessional

Mar 5, 2012
    Dude, Anne Wilson can sing. She's the real deal. She's one of the most powerful female voices to ever sing rock. Put in on, turn it up and enjoy.

4. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    I have that concert on DVD (just watched it again last weekend).
    Heart has been doing Led Zepplin covers ever since the band first formed. Their early albums show LZs influence quite a bit.

It is Ann's voice that really helps them do justice to Led Zep covers. Pick up the "Live in Seattle" concert DVD it's great too.

Heart is one of the bands that I have never been able to see perform live. :(

5. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    I just can't say enough.

GO ANN!!!!!!

6. jaywa

jaywa

May 5, 2008
    Iowa City, IA
    I always thought Heart's drummer (Derosier) should have been Bonzo's replacement. That guy could play.

When I heard them recently their band was WEAK but that vintage lineup with Fisher, Fossen and Derosier was as good as anything out there at the time.