Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Heartbreaker for us Eagles fans...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bob Clayton, Aug 6, 2005.

1. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    Wide receiver Todd Pinkston will likely miss the entire season after rupturing his Achilles tendon on a routine play during Friday morning's practice. The injury, coupled with Terrell Owens' groin injury, leaves Donovan McNabb without his two starting receivers.

Owens is day-to-day, but Pinkston will soon undergo surgery to repair the tendon. The general recovery time for such an injury, according to Eagles head athletic trainer Rick Burkholder, is six months. Meanwhile, running back Correll Buckhalter, who limped off the practice field Friday morning, has a bruise on his surgically-repaired right knee, on the high shin. Buckhalter could, however, be back on the field as early as Saturday if the swelling goes down.

(there is more to the actual article)

bummer though. it's a shame for any player's season to be over before it begins.

2. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I have to say that I'm comfortable with this.

3. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    Don't worry, you still have Don Henley.

4. Well it's been ten years and maybe more
    since I first set eyes on you.

5. Preseason injuries like this are a shame. Regardless, the Eagles should be okay - Greg Lewis looked decent enough to me when he was on the field last season, so maybe he'll be able to step up. Reggie Brown could be a factor as well.

6. Ethon

Ethon

Jan 25, 2003
    Akron, Ohio
    As a Giants fan, I must say that this comes as no heartbreak to me.

Remeber a man name Brian Dawkins last year taking Ike Hilliard out for the rest of the season with a cheap shot across the middle? I do.

[​IMG]

GO GIANTS

7. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I always figured the heartbreaker was just being an eagles fan.

8. Jimbo

Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    that's too bad for todd, i was looking forward to see how his game has shaped up this offseason.

nonetheless, go birds!

-jimbo

9. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Yeah...what me worry-
    Youse guys have "Plexiglass" Burress.

10. Damn it, you scared me.

from the title I thought something bad had happened to someone from the band The Eagles.

Come on you Rams ;)

11. Yeah I was thinking that Joe Walsh had hit the bucket or something. Forget the rams, COME ON BRONCOS!!! :bassist:

12. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Hmmmm did you guys kick TO in the ass yet? please fire him... you will be so much better...

13. Ethon

Ethon

Jan 25, 2003
    Akron, Ohio
    Hell hath no fury like an argument between a Giants and Eagles fan

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    ^Haha Awesome.

(Go Jets.) :bassist:

15. Man, Shockey making a play...that takes me back.

16. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Pinky getting hurt? Is anyone surprised that the toothpick in pads got hurt? It's a shame that the guy got hurt after making those clutch catches against Carolina two years ago. Oh wait, he didn't. :smug:

Kidding aside, Owens is back in camp and if his injury isn't too bad the receiving corp should be fine. I know you guys are Iggles homers, but the Iggles can go on without Pinkston. He was average on a good day, regardless of what a nice guy he is.

What's the deal with Westbrook? With Buckhalter getting hurt, he'll have even more leverage unless Ryan Moats really impresses in camp.

Russell: Man, Fat Albert, you're just like the fans at an Eagles vs Raiders game.
    Fat Albert: Fans at an Eagles vs Raiders game?
    Russell: Yeah, no class :D

17. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio

Man, I HATE to agree with a Bears fan and all, but I agree with Jive1. Pinkston is average on a great day. You won't miss him much.

18. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    You're really worried about losing Todd "Oh Hell, No I'm Not Catching The Ball While In The Middle Of The Field , aka Alligator Arms" Pinkston?

:D

....please tell me you're kidding...

19. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    Do the Eagles still have Freddie "talks to much" Mitchell?

20. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    He was cut before camp...some other team has signed him.

Koren "Doofus" Robinson is still lookin' for an NFL home once he gets outta the pokie.