1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Heavily modded '71 P-Bass **ON HOLD**

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by drivenmore, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Ok, so I went a little P-bass crazy the last two months. Now I realize the '72 and '62 RI are all I really need.

So, I'm offering this little gem that I got off of the 'Bay. I gotta say, that it actually plays better than the '62 RI, but I'm keeping that one since it better fits the Motown group I'm playing in.

This was from the previous owner:

"a beautiful 1971 Fender Precision Bass with a nicely figured Ash body; Maple neck and Rosewood fret board. The headstock has a beautiful ambered patina. The neck is straight and the fret wear is minimal. I just had this professionally set up at Landau Guitar Company in Harrisburg, NC. It has a brand new set of "GHS Brite Flats" flat wound strings. (Those things last for years!) Bass comes with SKB style case shown in picture.
    I bought this bass at a Mom and Pop store where the original owner had it on consignment. The body had been refinished with stain and polyurethane, been routed for a jazz pickup, had an EMG-PJ setup installed, along with a Schaller bridge and tuners.
    In an effort to put it back close to it's original shape, I stripped the body and coated it with several applications of Tung Oil (very true to the period), took out the active pickups and installed a Fender vintage reissue P-bass pickup, replaced the Schaller bridge with a stock style Fender bridge, plugged the jazz pickup rout with a 20 year old piece of Ash I had in my shop. I finished it off with a set of genuine Fender bridge and pickup covers and a thumb rest.
    The pots and input jack had been replaced to accomodate the active setup. Landau Guitar Company replaced them with with the correct voltage pots and the wiring was wrapped in cloth, like vintage Fender basses were. I left the Schaller tuners on since those are about the best vintage replacement tuners you can get and they are aged very well. The pickguard may or may not be original. The sides have been filed or sanded in spots and my luthier said that it is hard to determine the authenticity.
    So in a nutshell we have a 1971 P-bass with the original neck and body. The body has been routed for a jazz pickup and an EMG battery pack, the jazz pickup hole has been filled and the battery rout is covered by the pickguard.''

I'm looking for $750 shipped.

More pics at photos.yahoo.com/drivenmore.

2. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    You have PM.

3. Any trades?

4. PM sent

5. :) pm sent!:)

6. CentralCoastBass

CentralCoastBass Guest

Feb 4, 2004
    and another.

7. Answering all PMs now...sorry, had Trick or Treating to contend with yesterday...

8. All PMs replied to.

Also, I can't do Paypal at this time, as both my bank account and credit card account numbers are in the process of being changed (gotta love having a lost wallet and checkbook).

Jason

9. ?

10. Sorry, no.

11. ***ON HOLD***

12. alright thanks, good luck with the sale.