SOLD Heavily upgraded Tobias Toby Pro V - amazing tone and feel

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by TimBosby, Jan 16, 2017.

1. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Price:
    Strings:
    I recently purchased this and it is probably the best 5-string I've ever owned, but I simply cannot afford to keep it. Here are the details...

Tobias Toby Pro V - made in South Korea. Top of the line import with tons of upgrades. This model has been discontinued for years.

Flame maple body and neck-through construction (wenge/maple laminate neck.) Satin finish throughout. Looks and feels amazing...pictures do not do it justice (color is a little bit darker in person.) Rosewood fingerboard/pearl dot inlays. Frets and action are fantastic.

String spacing roughly estimated at 17 mm, weighs in a little over 9 lbs and balances perfectly. 1.77" nut width and 15.75" fingerboard radius. Overall very good condition, a couple minor nicks/dings/wear spots here and there, nothing I would call bad and I am extremely picky about that kind of thing.

Upgrades:

-Hipshot bridge and tuners (in the pictures the B string tuner is a different color - smoked chrome instead of matte black like the other 4. This was because of a mixup when I ordered it. I have a matte black one on the way that I will include so all 5 match.) Original bridge included but I sold the original tuners.

-Bartolini pickups (cavities were expanded slightly to accommodate Barts. Only noticeable up close.)

-Upgraded Preamp - Noll 3-band with push-pull active-passive on the volume knob. Matching black Noll knobs. This preamp sounds amazing - so transparent that there is virtually no change in volume when EQed flat.

-Brass nut with adjustable string height option

-Flame maple control cover and battery cover

-Road Runner gig bag (original Tobias gig bag included as well.)

I have about $725 invested in this bass, so I am taking a loss at $675 shipped, or best offer. Lower 48 USA preferred. No trades unless cash is coming from you, and I'm not interested in basses at this time.

20170112_173248.jpg 20170112_173355.jpg 20170112_173416.jpg 20170112_173439.jpg 20170112_173450.jpg 20170112_173505.jpg 20170112_173516.jpg 20170112_173527.jpg 20170112_173549.jpg

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    JordanN likes this.
  2. bassvirtuoso

bassvirtuoso My God, it's full of chrome!

Feb 28, 2006
    Nebraska
    Have any fretless basses for sale?

3. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Sorry, @bassvirtuoso, I do not. But If you wanted to buy this one and make it fretless, I bet it would sound great! Local deals encouraged! :bassist:

bassvirtuoso likes this.
  4. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Bump! The quicker this sells the better. Open to offers. I know there are some neck-through bass aficionados out there! @BigRedBassPlayer :cool::smug::woot::bassist::hyper:

5. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Price dropped to $650 shipped. Open to reasonable offers; maybe some trades. Run stuff by me. If I say no, I'll do so politely, I promise. :D

6. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Best use of your tax refund? This bass! :roflmao:

7. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Deal pending.

8. TimBosby