Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

heavy bass coping - nice strap

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by unatratnag, Sep 29, 2005.

1. so warwicks are heavy, no surprise, i'd rather grit my teeth thu the pain rather than do anything else. It's honestly not bad because I can always just adjust my strap to use different muscles and i can't complain....

so, I was talking with my italian friend the other day who said his bass teacher has the same issue. Sold his warwicks and bought a parker fly bass or whatever they're called.....but in anycase, he also has an inflatable strap made by d'addario (comes with pump and all). I could only assume it might be too flimsy to actually be comfortable, but it's something I would have to try out because reebok pumps are the coolest shoes ever..... it'd only be fair to give the bass/guitar strap the same shot.

I can't find it on ebay, google, or the d'addario site... has anyone ever heard about something like this?

2. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    interesting concept, I doubt it'd work much though

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I saw one of those in a store a year or so ago, but never tried it.

Moved to Miscellaneous.

4. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    You may want to try the new strap by Yamaha. Or go with ye olde 4" wide leather strap. Works great.

Dan

5. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
  6. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    I have two of them. They are excellent straps!

7. hamertek98

hamertek98

Apr 3, 2004
    Indiana
    Our guitar player bought the D'addario strap a few years ago. Nice wide strap' but the pump system took a crap not long after he got it. I think he paid around 40-50.00 at the time. Still uses it-just under inflated, and I tease him all the time. :crying: