1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Heavy Blues/Stoner/Doom/Fuzzy/Psych/Acid/Lo-fi Rock and Metal

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by HeavyAxe, Apr 7, 2015.

1. HeavyAxe

HeavyAxe

Jul 16, 2013
    Alberta, Canada
    Hey everyone. Just wanted to start a thread so people could share some of their fave bands with regards to the doom, stoner, acid rock, psychedelic, lo-fi, fuzzy, blues, rock and metal genres. I'll start it off with a a couple popular bands and a few lesser known ones. Rock out!

2. BazzTard

BazzTard Banned

Zoot - Eleanor Rigby, THE BEST Beatles cover ever.

Aussie band from 1969, I have the EP still, yeah, I know, I'm old

PS can you spot who the guitarist is?

MGR and HeavyAxe like this.
  3. Corey Y

Corey Y Guest

Jun 3, 2010
    Goatsnake is one of my favorites. Great heavy riffs, with some bluesy vocals. To put it over the top, here's them doing a FREE cover...

HeavyAxe likes this.
  4. HeavyAxe

HeavyAxe

Jul 16, 2013
    Alberta, Canada
    Wow! Thats awesome!

5. scrubjay

scrubjay

Mar 30, 2015
    New Jersey

HeavyAxe likes this.
  6. HeavyAxe

HeavyAxe

Jul 16, 2013
    Alberta, Canada

Corey Y likes this.
  7. Corey Y

Corey Y Guest

Jun 3, 2010
    The Obsessed is one of my favorites. I also really enjoy Spirit Caravan, another Scott Weinrich fronted band.

The bass player from Spirit Caravan, Dave Sherman, also went on to play bass and sing lead vocals for another band that has similar roots in their style that I really enjoy, Earthride.

I have a guitarist friend who fronted a doom metal band I played with for a couple years who's a big fan of The Obsessed and Spirit Caravan. I've been trying to convince him to start a new 3 piece project with a similar stripped down, heavy bluesy riff centric style (as a starting inspiration at least).

SkulliesBass and HeavyAxe like this.
  8. HeavyAxe

HeavyAxe

Jul 16, 2013
    Alberta, Canada

9. Stoom

Stoom

Sep 1, 2012
    UK
    I recently discovered these on youtube, some of the best stoner doom I've heard.