Heavy Freaking Metal in a nice V Form

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sanctum, Dec 5, 2002.

1. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Survey says: YUK!!!

That's all YOU buddy!! Go for it!!
  2. Put some chrome dome knobs on there and I think that would be quite a nice bass. Dunno about the sound, and there's definitely no room for actives, but it looks pretty awesome, especially the neck construction.
  3. BruceWane

Oct 31, 2002
    Houston, TX
    I own one, but its not a V, it's a more normal body shape. I usually play my 5 string, so I don't play it much anymore. I bought it in a pawn shop around 1982 for $250. I'll bet that V is in good shape - with the strap button on the heel like that, it's probably got neck dive so bad as to be unplayable. The aluminum neck is very stiff and stable, so they sound really good, loads of sustain, but the neck is a little heavier than plain wood so they don't balance real well, even with a normal body style - a lot like a Thumb, you have to keep the neck a bit closer to vertical than typical. It's really a very well made bass, mines got a multi-laminated body, P-J style pickups, pretty versatile. One really odd thing about it is that when you first pick it up, the aluminum is cold to the touch; it doesn't affect the playability or tuning at all, just kind of strange to have to "warm up" your bass...........
  4. Mazinger

Mazinger Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2002
    I'm not big on the V shape, but I do like the finish with those knobs.

I don't know about the headstock though.