1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

HEAVY gague 6 stainless set, pre packaged?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by santucci218, Feb 20, 2008.

1. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    i found out that getting single strings cost too much cash, so im looking for a nice thick gauge set. here is the thickest set i found so far

http://www.juststrings.com/fod-34135.html

anybody know any companies that are a little heavier but not over 40 bucks or anything?

2. Those Fodera's are on my fretless. They're great and nicely balanced all the way. Well worth the money.

Yesterday I tried a set of Indiƫ strings (extremely cheap) but these are crap.

3. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    yeah, i think im going to bite the bullet on these..

what gauge is your 6er fretless? how is the b string?

4. The gauges are .034 - .050 - .070 - .080 - .110 - .135

This set has got the thickest high C available as far as I could find.
    The B string is perfect: Tight, just flexible enough and extremely well pronounced. Even the harmonics are all there. I was used to TI's. So I needed some time to get used to the heavy gauge and they're more rigid. Now I got quite some compliments on my sound.

5. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    thank you much man

6. Bass Below

Bass Below

Oct 24, 2006
    New York
    Did you try calling Fodera direct? They made me a custom 5 string set for around the same price they sell their standard sets. If the gauges in that set aren't exactly what you want, call 'em. They'll make you whatever you want and you'll probably only pay a few dollars more.