1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Heavy Interference 2

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by João Bourgard, Aug 2, 2012.

1. João Bourgard

João Bourgard

Jan 21, 2010
    Hi guys i already posted this but no one else responded.. im posting again hoping that some of you have a solution but the original post got lost beteween the many threads of the forum...

My practice amp (the on i use at home) is a fame bs3-125 and its connected (not directly, the amp as in & out loop plug) to a pedal zoom b2.1u for effects and drum box.
    The amplifier also as a RCA cable plug in so i can plug it to a ipod or something...
    and finally here is my problem as im hoping some of you can tell me how to fix it:
    When i connect that RCA plug to an mp3 player it works fine.. i can listen to the music and play along with no problems... when i connect that RCA directly to my laptop i ear heavy (and i mean HEAVY) interference from the amp speakers...

Also found out that when i connect the zoom pedal via USB for recording it does the same noise...

anyone as though on what is causing this? its obviously from the laptop...

possible fixes??
    please.. i really need to record some stuff :p
    thanks in advance...

Cheers

2. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    The laptops output signal level is probably too high. Also your amp is a mono system while the laptop is stereo. You need to mix the two signals down to mono. You should not short the left and right signals together.

3. João Bourgard

João Bourgard

Jan 21, 2010
    ok.. just figured it out... a socket in my house aparently don't have ground connection... plluged the amp and the p+edal to another socket and the noise is gone...

thnkas :)