1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Heavy Metal Love Songs

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Boplicity, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Some of us are trying to pick out heavy metal love songs for rocker Chris to sing on American Idol. (Yes, I watch. It is a guilty pleasure.)

Anyhoo, all I can think of is Guns n' Roses' "Sweet Child of Mine." I know full well there are more, many more, even if they are kind of "unusual" love songs.

Please tell me the names of others.

2. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Sabbra Cadabra?

I believe it's off Sabbath Bloody Sabbath.

3. The first one that came to mind is Love Song by Tesla but then I thought Tesla is probably not well known enough and people would be like what's this. Then I thought Still Loving Youby the Scorpions which I think is the most played song in strip clubs after Girls Girls Girls, but then thought that would only generate the mens vote, so after thinking about it Every Rose Has It's Thorne would garner votes from both sexes. But their are tones of heavey metal love songs the list is endless.

4. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    'I Remember You' by Skid Row comes to mind. And 'Wasting Love' by Iron Maiden.

Graeme

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    More Than Words by Extreme

6. beat me to it tplyons :)

actually you should watch tv, there is a new monster ballad comp. cd out...check out those songs :)

7. if i close my eyes forever- lita ford / ozzy osbourne

8. Maybe this is too metal for what you 're looking for but give it a chance: Pantera-This Love

A softer one: Deep Purple- I Need Love

That's the best I can do :(

Edit: Oh, found another one. It is on Metallica's CD "Garage Days Revisited" but I don't know who wrote it: "Lover Man"

9. Darkthrone- Natassja In Eternal Sleep
    Pig Destroyer- Restraining Order Blues
    Judas Priest- Turbo Lover

The first 2 would be the most entertaining.

10. TheJimster

TheJimster

Feb 21, 2006
    Pensacola, FL
    Vermillion -Slipknot
    Vermillion prt 2 - Slipknot

11. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Gee, thanks for all the ideas. I do know some of the songs, even the Tesla song. I used to like that band. And Pantera has been a big favorite of mine for years. (RIP, Darryl.) I will check out the songs. I think Iron Maiden has another "love' song on their "Fear of the Dark" CD, too, but I need to check deep into my CDs to find it.

Poison may have a couple of other love songs, as well, and even Slaughter, as far as that goes. Def Leppard may have a couple, too.

Your ideas have got me to thinking. I appreciate your help.

12. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    no one like for the scorpions

that's the only one I can think of right now.

13. I checked "fear of the dark" and I guess you mean the song "wasting love". Actually it's the first time I listen to it, although I have the CD for 5 years. All those years I've been skipping it :)

14. CrazyArcher

CrazyArcher

Aug 5, 2004
    Israel
    Check out Cryhavoc. A totally underrated band from Finland.

15. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    Still Loving You - Scorpions

16. Willem

Willem

Dec 26, 2005
    Belgium
    Nothing Else Matters
    Sweet Amber

I'm not sure, but I have the feeling both the Unforgivens are love songs and the same goes for Carpe Diem Baby

All Metallica

17. This Love by Pantera

18. IanStephenson

IanStephenson UnRegistered User

Apr 8, 2006
    I don't know if anyone here gigs this song, but you can really improve it by singing "my favourite things" from sound of music as a a counter melody. It fits pretty well (I guess Metallica are big fans of the movie, and ripped it off for a joke!) - do a couple of verses straight, then do a verse of FT, then a verse with both melodies together.

Go on - I dare yah!

Ian

19. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Its pretty sick but Metallica's cover of Nick Cages Loverman might just work.

20. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

I love Metallica. :bassist: