Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

HeavyDuty's first Kill !!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by odie, Jan 25, 2003.

1. odie

odie Supporting Member

Man I wish I could have seen this thread being attacked by the trolls and then repelled back my Heavy D and Sir Paul. Any want to fill me in?

I hope it wasnt to much work!! Either way welcome to the fold Heavy!!

2. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    It was 2 guys, one was (suprisingly) a member for a while. They started by saying that Jaco.... lets just say they were mean to Jaco.

Then they hijacked the thread about the bass that was stolen at NAMM. Saying stuff like he deserved to get it stolen if he was dumb enough to let it out of his sight, stuff like that. As soon as people told them they were wrong, they were saying a lot of words that looked like ****. Me and a few others argued back to keep them occupied and to keep them from spreading their filth, until the moderators, and then Sir Paul the Great, showed up. One account banned, another deleted.

3. you have a PM odie.

4. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I need a beer...

5. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    If I could get into a bar, it would be on me. Good job cleaning all of it out.:)

6. odie

odie Supporting Member

Thanx for 411 on everything guys!!

What a bunch of hosers!!

Beer sounds good, all I have is Rum and some Rum Runner mix. Mmmm maybe!!

7. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I'm still trying to figure out when Heavy became a mod:confused:
    Belated congradulations my friend:cool:
    I miss everything!

8. HeavyDuty

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Just a couple of days ago, Henry. I still don't know what the ^#$@% I'm doing!

9. odie

odie Supporting Member

If you screw up or get confused, just hit DELETE. It will hide all the evidence that you were even there!!!

10. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I like HeavyDuty. He's not a jerk or anything. in fact, i like odie to. but maybe it's just because of that CUTE avatar NO ONE could get mad at..

A GOOCHIE GOOCHIE GOOOOOOOOO.;)

11. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Polly, I swear you're on something...

12. odie

odie Supporting Member

Ahh shucks Polly , I think your ok too. But doesnt the new Odie avatar even show any more balls than the one before??

sshh....Dude, you can quit all the butt kissing, it was only $20 I gave you!!

13. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I thought it was a brilliant touch how you went from docile odie, to vicous odie when you became a mod...not saying mods are vicious, but it definatly is a sugestive sign of your authority.

14. odie

odie Supporting Member

I forgot who suggested I change my avatar to something a little less cuddly. I actually a very mello laid back and kinda shy guy. Thats why I have a low posting count even though I log in multiple times a day for the last 3 years.

But Modding OT is bringing that number up pretty fast.

15. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i'm so proud of you guys -sniff- :D

16. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Got your omni ring yet?

17. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    WHAT THE????

Oh, i'm so trying to be a mod now, so i can get hooked up with one of those omni rings.
    Mods get all the cool stuff. Bass skills, Omni rings.... i mean, WHATS NEXT?

18. HeavyDuty

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    No. I did get my death ray, but it's missing the manual. I accidentally killed the neighbor's cat trying to figure out how it works.

Polly, stand over *there*, will you please? I need to test something...

19. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Alright, but i don't think that...HEYYYYY.... nice try. I'm not falling for THAT one.....twice....

owch.

20. Hasn't there already been 2 trolls in the MTD NAMM thread? Or am I mistaken? It just seems suspicious....

Anyway, nice Job Heavy D.