Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hedone - Demo November 2004

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by De Teng, Dec 2, 2004.

1. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    Hello dudes and dudesses!

A few weeks ago we recorded our first demo with our band.

One can describe the genre as progressive rock, with some jazz and funk influence concerning the rythm section. Hopefully you guys like my bassplaying too. :bassist:

Have fun!

Down Traveller

Judas Kiss

Sonar Communication

Site online too... great pro photographic stuff! High Quality mp3, 192 kbps

It's cool but let your ears be the judge!

2. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    Come on guys... very fast server and it's worth it. :hyper:

3. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    Wow SMASH, this compliment makes me smile.

Actually....this is two hours demo... the first one of this band. No label at all.... but if you say so, please find us one. ;)

We've got about five more songs to play, but this is just for getting gigs. About three months an EP with six songs on it. Those mp3's are for free download and sharing...please do!

4. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    Alrighty then..... gettin' shaky over here. Never thought that such an issue came up here....

PM > You have it.

Below the two back and frontcovers of the yet to be released demo. Please print it out (anyone who likes the music may!!) and show it to him too.

If you type 'Hedone' in google we're the second hit. No problems thus gettin' there.

Attached Files:

5. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    Other people who might want to share their opinions about the demo? :hyper:

6. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    bump.... site online and very nice photos too.... :bassist:

7. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    I like the samples...very cool. There is a progressive edge to it which is refreshing and interesting...good bass playing too ;)

8. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    oh, yeah, I like Judas Kiss too, my fav of the 3

The lyrics are kinda weird but I like that.

9. AngelCrusher

AngelCrusher Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2004
    Mesa Boogie, Tech 21, Taylor
    I don't see how this could be on Century Media. Not trying to be a dick, but I know what that label is looking for (heavy ****), having been approached by them before in a prior band.

The bass playing is pretty cool, but I don't hear any big choruses or anything. I'm not into the vocals personally. The bass is the strongest part of the music.

As for Century Media, it's not a big label unless you play underground metal. It's an indie who is quite happy with sales in the 20k range. Shadows Fall is their biggest seller and they move around 1-200,000. That would equate being dropped from a major with those numbers. In other words, most guys in CM bands come home from tours and work jobs.

10. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    Schwinn and Angelcrusher, thank you for your replies. (Nice that you like the bassy part too. :smug: ) The vocals -as far as we experience the reactions- are a bit personal. You like it, or you don't. But that's the whole thing of music... otherwise, everyone would listen to the same band. Respect.

About Century Media, I don't know the label myself. It's nice that we get such a reaction out of our first demo. It hopefully says something of the band. Now we're getting into the local scene and our demo is also passed on to a small label in Holland. Perhaps the odds are positive and we can go on a small tour in the future. :hyper:

11. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    It is a good thing that our music is a point of discussion a bit. It flatters us off course that you think we're a nice sounding band SMASH. Anyway, we definitely didn't want to make a Top-40-like sounding band, we take quite some time to check al notes on the instruments. So I think we're succeeded in aiming for this goal. We're constantly improving though... last small gig went nice.

Perhaps you guys want to take a look at our new website (my creation. :cool: ) as well, hopefully you like it. Just click it below this post!

12. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    Bump.

Why is it everybody talks and talks about bass guitars, while most people, don't check it out here? 'The earth... the earth is beautifull, but some strange people on it'. (Elvin Jones, NSJ 2003)