heed some help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by eric15, Oct 23, 2005.

1. eric15

Jul 8, 2004
    Hey guys! I'm looking for a new head/cab and I was wondering if anyone has any experions with the amps I picked. I play in a rock band and I like my tone to be a little bit dirty (cause everything is better when its dirty).

So I have been looking at a lot of reviews and I have made a list of amps/cabs that I think would fit me.

Ok the list:

1.Ampeg SVT-CL/ SVT-810

2.Fender Bassman 300 pro/ Fender 810 pro

3. Gallien Krueger 1001RB-II/ 810SBX

4. Aguilar DB750/ GS 412

Now I realize that some of these amps will cost more then others. Money isn't really a worry for me cause I just got a good paying job so its more a matter of me being able to save the money to buy this stuff.

Thanks for your commets and any other recomendations are welcome.

Thanks again, Eric
  2. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    For the tone you describe, and the choices you provided, I go with #1 or #2. Nothing says you can't mix and match too. The Fender 300 is a bit more versatile than the Ampeg for example (although the SVT is a great head). What about a Fender 300 with an Ampeg 810? Also, rather than any of the 8-10s listed, I'd go with a Bergantino NV610. All the power of an 8-10, probably more tone, better efficiency, 3/4 the size, and about half the weight of the classic 8-10.