Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Garrett Mireles, Feb 15, 2003.

1. :bassist: I'm seeing Metallica this summer! :bassist:

Damn James for causing Jason to leave though...wish I could see him in the flesh.

Oh well. This new bass player better be f'n good! :D
  2. way_of_opiatism

way_of_opiatism 28d, 6h, 42m, 12 seconds

Feb 5, 2003
    i loathe the band, i like jason though. but i did have a good time at the show i saw down here. i dont think i would have had as good a time without jason though. he's got stage presence and he's a good entertainer.
  3. Maybe, If this was 1989 or earlier (but if I was the same age as I am today), would I go.

Moneytallica has gone way lower than even the best "Limbo" player can achieve.
  4. pfft

I don't care if their new album is Gospel music...I'm still going to see them..and I'll still buy the album.
  5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    That's like saying, "Boy, I sure do like McDonald's cheeseburgers. I just heard that they're replacing the beef pattie with a big chunk of poop, and the buns with dirty jock straps, but I'm still going to go to McDonalds and buy those burgers."
  6. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    :rolleyes: that's a bit extreme, don't you think? i've been a semi-fan since mustaine was in the band, and i still think some of their more recent stuff was pretty cool.

ooo, wait, i forgot, now it's _cool_ to think metallica sucks. see, i was still stuck on the 6 years or so where it was _cool_ to think metallica r0x0r3d. i have such a hard time keeping up with the trends.

ah, glad i don't have to deal with this kind of music-related stuff. :D
  7. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    Right here man, I'm goin too, foxboro, MA!:D
  8. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Nope. I don't even care that their new tour is probably all for the cash; I just can't stomach any of the music they have made in the past decade or so. Ever since James Hetfeild seemingly decided he wants to be a "singer," most of their stuff has become unlistenable to me. And boy howdy, they're touring with Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park? I'd rather take a bite out of my aforementioned sandwich.

Well...maybe not a BIG bite...;)
  9. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    They're touring with Limp Triscuit and Linkin Park?!?!?!? :eek: Holy Crap! I think you'd better pass that sandwich over the me after you get your bite! I did like a few songs off of thier latest few albums, but those are few and far between.
    Wow...between Metallica and Fred Durst, there should be enough bitching and moaning there to turn into an EMO show!
  10. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA

Ah ha ha ha. Also, Metallica sucks.

Sweet! I love being :cool:
  11. Yeah, because 40 year old guys playing Kill 'em all style music would be pretty cool, and having a "singer" as your...singer...will ruin any band. Furthermore, I'm sure that if put in Metallica's position, all of the good people here at Talkbass would gracefully refuse to engage in any sort of activity that might result in some monetary gain. It certainly is unfortunate that such a group of morally and musically superior people should live their lives in obscurity, unable to influence a young generation desperately searching for role-models...:rolleyes:;)

Ok, I'll admit Load and Reload wasn't their best work, but I thought the two new songs they put on S&M were both really well written. I expect the new album will be the best we've seen from them in a long time.
  12. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    James sang for Metallica and did a great job at it; it's the fact that he sacrificies the quality of their songs nowadays because he needs to needs to stroke his vocal ego. And yeah, it'd be much cooler to hear them playing "Master of Puppets" than the contrived poppy-poo they've been making. Hey, I hope they're next album is great; I would love to buy a Metallica cd again and feel excited about it rather than having to give it away.
  13. What, is there something WRONG with being a devoted fan?

If it wasn't for Metallica I never would have discovered music in the first place.

Hell a month before I bought the Reload album (first one I got) I bought:

Lenny Kravitz
    Now 3 (compilation thing)
    Will Smith CD

Yeah..I didn't even know what kind of music I liked...pretty pathetic.
  14. Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    I saw them on there M2K tour...it was not worth the money. I have concerts with more then 10,000 people at them. WEll have fun.