Heeeey, I did a self portrait

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bardolph, Aug 15, 2005.

1. Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Now cut me some slack, I'm no art major or anything. I thought it wasn't too awful though.

2. pbass1

Dec 8, 2004
    how artistic of you!

thats not bad dude
  3. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Good job.

Here's a self-potrait of my left larynx:

brad cook
  4. I've never seen anyone capture the Posterior Crico-Arytenoid m. in such a good light... by far the most tempermental part of the left larynx
  5. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    thats pretty good.

a LOT better than i could do.
  6. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000

Would make a nice avatar.
  7. fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
  8. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    This is a self portrait of me before starting my self portrait:
  9. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    It looks like you've misplaced the ears. If you look at people, you'll notice that their ears start at the same height as their eyes, and stop at the end of the nose. This distance should be roughly 1/3rd of the entire face.

Very nice job anyway, maybe you could consider using a bit more shadow, or a more interesting angle, something like half-profile, half frontal.
  10. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Pretty good, you could stand to go in and work on it further though. Also, I'm comparing this drawing to nothing, I don't know what you look like... so you could look nothing like this :)

You look like a person, which is much better than a lot of people can do. I should take a picture of the painting I did... it's funny, I look like I got a black eye.
  11. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Not bad, but I have to admit, and I hope you don't hold a grudge, that I did think of Ben Stiller saying.." Fry....Fry....Fry..." a little bit. ;)