1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Heh a short story

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by DumbChild, May 4, 2006.

1. Well a few nights ago i met this girl in the city, i started chatting and at the end of the night she gave me her email address so we could chat online.

Last night i saw her online for the first time and she asked if i played a guitar, seeing my picture has me holding my bass. I said " Bass actually " and i was pretty shocked at what she said.

" Oh so your untalented, wanna be guitar player eh, my boyfriend plays a guitar, bass is so easy he says.. "

I told her that i chose to play bass because it is infact twice as good as any other guitar and then i had to argue with her that i was musically talented.. I had to sing to actually prove that because she didnt care about bass.. What is wrong with people eh

2. 1) has a boyfriend
    2) ignorant
    3) closeminded

I say:
    1) stay away from her.
    2) You have do not have to prove anything to anybody... unless you are auditioning for a band.

Be cool!

Al

3. reachjkh

reachjkh

Nov 21, 2002
    Lee's Summit, MO
    You should never explain anything to people.

Just laugh and don't explain anything.

4. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    My response?
    "See, looks are deceiving. I had you pegged for a hooker."

5. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

LOL!! :D

take that , b*tch ! ...

6. Nooco

Nooco

May 4, 2006
    Finland
    LOOK! PEOPLE ARE IDIOTS.

My brains are probably too much Red Hot CHili Peppers frequency, but I would suggest you that just say "**** you" or whatever you like, but don't start explaining. Be yourself - that way you can only be cool.

Explaining is so useless: If you have to explain to someone, the someone is just an idiot. And idiots should be let alone.

//And all the guitarists who say "bass is so easy" have a boring hairstyle, and can go **** their mom who probably is a ****ing fat ugly cow.

7. Well, I don't totally agree. I have explained to plenty of people why I chose to play bass and I don't have a problem doing it again. They just want your point of view and that's cool.

BUT, in this case she really didn't care about your opinion, she just wanted to praise her ****ty boyfriend, so just stay away from her.

8. Demon

Demon

Mar 17, 2006
    Sweden, Stockholm
    Yeah, at such people, just laugh and say something bad and then make her feel like a tard, then block her ^^ She will feel so stupid lol.

9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Woodchuck coming with the thunder!! Nice zinger!!

-Mike