Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

hehe, new bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by d_rock211, Oct 26, 2002.

1. d_rock211

d_rock211 Guest

Apr 29, 2002
    Kansas City
    Been playing for 6 months. I'm hopelessly hooked. I love my little Yahama BBN4, but I just got my first fretless. I played a Curbow fretless in GC the other day, as well as a Warwick Corvette 4 fretless, and decided to go with the cheaper Cort Curbow/Bart p-up I found on ebay. ooooh, I can't wait for it to get here.

2. Congratulations. Fretless is lots of fun!

3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    I want a fretless... kinda like yours

congrats

4. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    heh, I was watching that Cort. Did you hear the guys samples?

Nice score, btw.

5. d_rock211

d_rock211 Guest

Apr 29, 2002
    Kansas City
    Yeah, I heard the samples. not too shabby. I hope to get it Thursday or Friday.

Derrick

6. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    going for that G&L too, eh?

7. lazybassass

lazybassass

Jan 23, 2002
    Mass
    I was playing one the other day, congrats on a excellent decision.

8. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    That's a really nice looking bass. I always like he look of them. Congrats.

9. d_rock211

d_rock211 Guest

Apr 29, 2002
    Kansas City
    I would like to refer people to this thread about a question regarding this bass and strings.

10. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    those are pretty sexy... i tried those and they are a great bass for the money

Congrats!! Post some sound clips if you can!

DM

11. d_rock211

d_rock211 Guest

Apr 29, 2002
    Kansas City
    oooh yeah, got the bass today! Man am I pumped. I've played for about three hours today (ignoring all sorts of statistical thermodynamics work due at 8 tomorrow...oh well). My intonation gets better by the minute. I still would like some advice on strings...I started another thread for it, but might as well ask here - looking for a bright flatwound (well, brighter may be a better term)- GHS Brite flats? TI Jazz Flats? D'addario Chromes? I am leaning towards the GHS set, because they are actually ground rounds, but never having heard any of them, it's kind of hard to choose. I'm also not a fan of higher tension strings, so from what I hear, that kind of eliminates the Chromes. Any help?