hehe, recived my Warwick!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by air_leech, Nov 30, 2000.

1. air_leech

Sep 1, 2000

yesterday I finally got my Warwick, they even delivered it to my house for 30 NIS (around 7 bucks).

this is a Streamer LX5. came in a cardboard box that can fit two basses at least.
    anyway, it's got Ovangkol neck and Wenge FBoard, the body is flamed maple, golden hardware and a premium rockbag gig bag(they're all called premium I think).

the neck which is a chuncky large block of unfinished wood is just great with it's silky smooth feel!
    this neck is far from being round and thats what I like.
    you can't mistake the Warwick tone, it's rumbling though I haven't the chance to try it in a band setting yet.

only gripe is that it doesn't have recessed straplocks but rather matching golden strap buttons. thats a small price to pay for great tone and playability in the same instrument.

and btw, Warwick should change their slogan to Warwick, the smell of wood, this thing smells like a wood workshop, or rather like new furniture, always liked that scent, like stoping near a wood shop.
  2. Mo' bass

Mo' bass

May 4, 2000
    Air_leech, congrats on your Warwick. You are going to love playing it in a band. I agree on the tone and on the smell of it, very Warwick! Keep on grooving!!!!
  3. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    Congrats as well

4. minkis

Sep 8, 2000
    I love my Warwick to! Congrats on your purchase.
  5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Congratulations, man!

I am not a fan of Warwicks myself, but if that one really captures the Stingray sound, it would be cool in my book!

And of course, it's YOUR tastes that matter here, not mine!;)

6. LowfreqB

Nov 10, 2000
    United States
    When I shopping for my stingray my father had the same reaction upon looking at the warwicks, "Woodshop?"

He doesnt play the bass.

7. Congrats dude!!!

I got to play some Warwicks at Guitar Center.Out of my price range(for now)but they sound awesome and look classy(did`nt get to sniff it though :D)

The only thing I could bitch about was that they are a bit thick in the neck from the 9th fret to the body....hell if I only had bigger hands! LOL

Keep the Faith!
  8. air_leech

Sep 1, 2000

thanks ppl. smelling Warwick basses is addicting!

Usul("the shadow of the rat on the second moon", "can he be the one?"), my hands may be big but my fingers are short, thats probably the reason I hate small necks with large string spacing, it's like the opposite of what suits my short fingers but large pows(strange choice of words), and thats maybe why I stir away from Jazz type necks (rounded, tapperd, thin and not close enough strings).
    the neck was what I liked the most about Warwick, I still wish it was a bit fatter front to back.