Hein Van De Geyn!

Discussion in 'Bassists [DB]' started by powermans, Nov 24, 2002.

1. Greetings Fellow Bassists!

I'm wondering if ANYONE on the Planet can shed some light on the Bassist"Hein Van De Geyn".
    I picked up this nice duo CD while in the UK earlier this year with Piano player Jean-Michel Pilc titled "The Long Journey" NICE CD.... They do a real nice version of "Nardis".. However, can't find anything on this fellow in all my Jazz Reference Books.

2. Jeff Bollbach

Jeff Bollbach Jeff Bollbach Luthier, Inc.

Dec 12, 2001
    freeport, ny
    Funny, recently I was bemoaning the fact that I don't read books anymore. I then realized I probably do more reading and writing now then I have since college.
  3. Francois Blais

Francois Blais Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Québec, Canada
    Check Philip catherine's "Blue Prince" record!
    HVDG's playing is great!
    He plays a lot with Catherine. (may be on other records too!)
  4. Yes Francois,
    A nice player, I note a lot of the northern european players tend to use each other... Philip Catherine,.with the likes of NHOP and now you say with HVDG... Just to mention a few! It's like a little closed club they have.
    Ray, what are you smokin! and where can I get some????:eek:
  5. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    Just tobacco. You can't get that there?
  6. Monte

Jan 9, 2001
    New Albany, MS
    I think he plays on nearly all of DeeDee Bridgewater's recordings.

7. Dig Wilbur Ware

Dig Wilbur Ware

Mar 7, 2003
    He played (and recorded) with Chet Baker in C's later years.

I also have him on an old lp by unsung Tenor legend Bert Wilson.
  8. Great! I live in Holland, which is where Hein comes from. Awesome player. I can imagine him playing with Chet...I mean, Chet spent his last years in Amsterdam, living a junkie/musicians' life.....(I guess he stayed in Amsterdam because the heroine is cheap there.....).