Helicore Hybrids

Discussion in 'Strings [DB]' started by JAS, Nov 23, 2001.

1. JAS

Jul 3, 2001
    Hey, does any one know much about the helicore hybrid strings? I tried a set on a friend's bass and they seemed to be really soft and smooth under the fingers. Right now i have the corelli fortes on my bass but the helicores seemed to much warmer and smoother. The weird thing was that the helicores i tried seemed to be a lot easier to play. I mean they seemed to have less tension. that seemed weid because i thought the corellis were supposed to be low tension strings.
  2. Do a serch JAS, there is a ton of info on the Hybrids, the Corellis and Corelli vs. Hybrids.
    Just look around, you shall find the info.
  3. olivier

Dec 17, 1999
    Paris, France

Sometimes it's not the strings but the setup that makes the difference. Also, what matters is the sound, not how smooth a string feels to your fingers (soft to my callus? give me a break!)

I've tried both Corelli TX Forte and D'addario Helicore Hybrid medium. I still prefer BY FAR Pirastro Obligato, especially for bowing, but also for their nice pizz sound. If you're playing any arco that's the best quality/price ratio you'll get.